Some controllers, most notably the N64 ones, do
not supply the full range of values that a real
joystick does, or have a slight offset from true
center. The calibration option can be used to fix
- Set up your joystick type, ID, and
- Plug it in and check that it moves okay
and buttons work
- Click the calibrate button
- Twirl all the axes around on your
joystick so that DirectPad Pro can see
how much range your controller has, and
press a button
- Now let your controllers come to rest in
the center and hit another button
- You're done, DirectPad Pro will scale
your controller inputs to the expected
If you don't like the results click the Reset
Calibration button to go back to defaults.
Last updated April 19, 1999. Comments
This site and all information
contained within is Copyright 1999 Earle F. Philhower, III.
Iomega, Syquest, SparQ, Jaz, Zip, and other names are trademarks
or property of their respective owners.