Another Arcade 2000 victim

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Build Your Own Arcade Controls message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on 19, 2000 at 6:38 PM:

I'm in the same situation with Arcade 2000.

* He promised delivery by Oct 4 99 (I had a party planned for the 5th)
* I sent him 1750.00 USD on Sep 2 99, he cashed the checks within a week.
* I got various excuses ("ass-dragging", unasked for enhancements, problems
with mob-related partner, etc.) until I began asking for my money back at
Thanksgiving.
* He claims to have shipped it 2nd week of Dec 99, but they were stolen
enroute (instead of using ForwardAir like claims on the web page and in
in various emails, he supposedly sent them with friends of his ex-partner)
* He then stopped responding to email (except when I sent from other
email addresses and asked about ordering -- those he answered within an
hour claiming the same 5-week turnaround he promised in Sept.) until I
contacted one of the places he advertized and asked them to help me contact
him.
* He's been promising a full refund since then, and in January claimed he
was getting a bank loan to repay Ken and me.
* February he supposedly had bank problems.
* In mid-March he claimed to have gotten the loan and was sending the
checks on Mar 27 00. He hasn't responded to any emails since Mar 28 00,
although I see he's been posting on here as recently as Mar 18.

Posted by Ken Lautner on 4/9/2000:
> I pre-paid for a cabinet from Arcade2000 at the begining of September, 1999. Since that time I have exchanged many
> messages with Jeff that describe his situation, some of them include;
>
> delay in delivery date
> another delay in delivery date
> stolen inventory
> attempted hostile takeover of Arcade2000
> another delay in delivery date
> court date
> delay in court date
> promises of refund
> promises of a refund with a cabinet to follow
> difficulty with bank
> "real life", work
> "real life", child
> delay in clearing the bank check
> "real life", work
>
> I am not a satisfied customer. After 7 1/2 months I have neither the cabinet I ordered, nor a refund.
>
> The last email I received basically indicated that he would get to his stack of action items when he gets around to it. I wonder
> how many more months it will take for Jeff to get around to it?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Build Your Own Arcade Controls message board ] [ FAQ ]