Re: Tell me please...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Build Your Own Arcade Controls message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by )p( on 9, 2000 at 10:57 AM:

My response to the questions in Prophets email

also from the preliminary service manual:

3-5 Control pancl. If you require different display characteristies other than the factory mode presets of size, position, color settings, use the control panel to program !t to your requirements in each resolution mode. These adjusted settings are kept in memory even !f you change resolution mode or turn off the monitor.

Hi Prophet,

> Hi,
>
> I read your reply at Saint's and was very eager to ask you some questions.
> hope you don't mind the email, but I wanted to be sure to get your input.

Of course no problem! I am a longstanding follower of the emu scene. And I
can remember the time you started posting on dave's board. Your post stood
out of the crowd for being very helpful and positive :-)

> Here goes the same questions I just posted at Saint's:
>
> 1) I'm not too technical... Will my current power supply work with it? I
> have a WG U3100 at the moment. Will I be able to simply plug the new
monitor
> into the power and the VGA and play?

Yes you can! I live in Europe and it handles both US (110v) and european
(240) volts automatically. Mine had even an US plug on it which I had to
change for an european one.

> 2) You mention vector games look good, but how about other games? Does it
> have that "classic scanlines" look to the display, or is more like a PC
> screen?

I like the look of it. The colors are very bright and it blurs the image
enough so that it is not blocky. Especially games like Robotron look
fantastic on it. But it has almost no scanlines. I don't know about the US
but here in europe some arcade games had noticable scanlines and some
did'nt.
All and all it looks more like an arcade screen than my pc screen but that
is a very crisp iiama.

> 3) Also, does the digital PCB remember settings for more than one
resolution
> like a PC monitor? If so how many? My guess is that it doesn't.

It remembers some settings. I believe it rembembers the setting for each
resolution. I am sure that it remembers the settings for the standard
resolutions. For example dkong and galaga have a different resolution. After
adjusting them to full screen once the monitor remembered the settings.
Because most of the other resolutions are tweaked from one of these I had no
problem getting almost all games that I play (old games) fullscreen without
resizing.
I have the monitor in a vertical position.

I have the folder for the monitor in powerpoint format. I can send you that
if you want...

Hope this helped,

Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Build Your Own Arcade Controls message board ] [ FAQ ]